Pramod Abichandani is an Assistant Teaching Professor at Drexel University. He received his Bachelors of Engineering (B.E.) degree in 2005 from Nirma Institute of Technology, India, and his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from Drexel University in 2007 and 2011 respectively. His research interests are centered around optimal, multi-dimensional, data-driven decision-making, through the use of techniques from mathematical programming, linear and nonlinear systems theory, statistics, and machine learning. Specific technical areas include optimal decision-making for multi-robot systems under communication constraints, sensor fusion for naval ship monitoring, cognitive bias effects in handwriting forensics, and embedded systems design for data acquisition and control. On the education front, he works on bringing innovation to the classroom by introducing novel course content, pedagogical methodologies, and evaluation techniques. He is leading research efforts that explore credentialing in engineering education, the scalability of engineering education innovations and technology, and engineering-specific learning theories for data analytics education. He has won several awards for his teaching, including the Continuing Excellence in Teaching (2010) award at Drexel University.
- Abichandani, Pramod (2011) Mathematical programming for multi-vehicle motion planning under communication constraints. PhD thesis, Drexel University.
- Abichandani, Pramod and Benson, Hande Y. and Kam, Moshe (2011) Decentralized multi-vehicle path coordination under communication constraints. In: Intelligent Robots and Systems (IROS), 2011 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on.
- Abichandani, Pramod and Primerano, Richard A. and Kam, Moshe (2010) Symbolic Scientific Software Skills for Engineering Students. In: Transforming Engineering Education: Creating Interdisciplinary Skills for Complex Global Environments, 2010 IEEE.
- Abichandani, Pramod and Benson, Hande Y. and Kam, Moshe (2009) Multi-vehicle path coordination in support of communication. In: Robotics and Automation, 2009. ICRA '09. IEEE International Conference on.
- Abichandani, Pramod and Benson, Hande Y. and Kam, Moshe (2008) Multi-vehicle path coordination under communication constraints. In: Proceedings of the American Control Conference.